Can we attach packaging to groups in batches?

Laine

Premium
Hi! I'm new to soapmaking, but I make a lot of non-soap products already. This also would apply to my soaps when I start making those as well though. I was trying out adding my non-soap products to SF in order to track inventory in one place, but I noticed on the final batch screen, it adds up the cost of the ingredients in each of my items, but I need to do the math for the packaging. If we could assign certain packaging to the groups we're making it could add up the total completely and get a true cost per item.

In my example, I'm making 10 full size products, and 2 testers / sample sized products. (Normally I wrap the cost of those into my product but that might be too complicated to do here? I'm not sure). The larger tins and labels go with group 1 and the smaller ones with group 2.

Maybe I'm using this wrong though? Is there a workaround or a better way to do this? Basically I want to have a good way to get the total cost including packaging and divide it out by the total sellable units. Adding in markup % or multiplier would be the icing on the cake. Even a Total Cost of Packaging at the bottom like you have for Ingredients and Labor would help. Thanks!

Attachments

• Batch Test.jpg
    Batch Test.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Laine

Premium
Sorry, I'm still trying to work this out.. I attached the respective packaging to it's Group, but it's still not adding the cost of packaging into the product? Does everyone usually just divide the cost of packaging per unit and add it into the portion cost manually?

Attachments

• Batch Test.jpg
    Batch Test.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts