disappointed

FulTera

Premium
I'm new to this software and not sure if it's just me, or can we not customize packaging pricing. if we do not have that feature how can we get an accurate run down for pricing? The only thing I see is Fixed prices for packaging, and no place to add it or customize. Also why does this program not have a place to add colorants? It would make sense to have them separate from the additives. I see this program needs a lot of work and in some areas not very user friendly. I was using a free program before this and it had more features. I don't know if it was wishful thinking on my part, because I thought it would be better than the free program I was using before this. Maybe I haven't figure out how to work everything as of yet but if that's the case, again it's not very user friendly.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Colorants are an additive, and can be listed under additives. Here are some of my additives:
IMG_4021.jpeg

When you add your packaging, you would like to see something different? I can ask the developers to add things like that. Could you give an example of what you’d like to see? I don’t use ‘packaging’ very often, so I’m not sure what it is that others will be looking for. I just fill out the regular blanks, and put ‘custom’ notes in if I want.

IMG_4022.jpeg

Thank you for any suggestions or comments- our best ideas for features come from our customers!

FulTera

Premium
For packaging it would be nice to add just like we would additives, like the name and price… for example: 4oz black jar or 3x4 avery label. This way our pricing per batch will be accurate. My jars may cost me .40 per jar and you might pay 1.00 per jar. Thats a huge difference!

Llaremy

Premium
I'm new to this software and not sure if it's just me, or can we not customize packaging pricing. if we do not have that feature how can we get an accurate run down for pricing? The only thing I see is Fixed prices for packaging, and no place to add it or customize. Also why does this program not have a place to add colorants? It would make sense to have them separate from the additives. I see this program needs a lot of work and in some areas not very user friendly. I was using a free program before this and it had more features. I don't know if it was wishful thinking on my part, because I thought it would be better than the free program I was using before this. Maybe I haven't figure out how to work everything as of yet but if that's the case, again it's not very user friendly.
I also am disappointed in this software.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
It does not tell me how much lye to use.

The calculator does calculate the amount of lye- that is the whole point of the software after all. What's happening when you build a recipe that the lye is not appearing? Are you using one of the apps, or the site version:

Once you add even one ingredient, the lye amount immediately appears:
This is a recipe from your account, and I see the lye amount very clearly:
1717166072598.png

You show a negative amount in the water because you have 2:1 in the calculator entered for water, but then added RO water as a custom liquid without sliding the 'liquid discount' to yes......if you do that the water amount will be fixed also.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I see it doesn't say "lye".

When you enter the type of lye you are using, KOH or NaOH, then that is what is shown in your recipe. Your chose NaOH in your recipe, so that is what is shown.
There are more than one type of lye. That's why it specifies the exact type of lye you chose.
1717197973415.png

If you chose, say, KOH, it would say so in the recipe. If you chose a hydrid, using both, it would have those amounts listed separately for your convenience as well.

Latest posts