Saving Non-Soap Formulas

KNSoap

Premium
Is it possible to be able to save a formula that doesn’t have any oils in it? The whole sheet is based on the percentage of oils used and this makes it difficult to add formulas that are non-soap that have no oils in them. Can the calculation be based on a total weight for non-soap formulations but leave the soap calculations based on the oil weight?

CascadiaSnow

Premium
Is it possible to be able to save a formula that doesn’t have any oils in it? The whole sheet is based on the percentage of oils used and this makes it difficult to add formulas that are non-soap that have no oils in them. Can the calculation be based on a total weight for non-soap formulations but leave the soap calculations based on the oil weight?
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I came here with the exact same problem..

CascadiaSnow

Premium
You don’t have to save by percentages; you can just add by amounts like ounces or grams:
View attachment 41963

And when I finished the recipe, the totals are there:
View attachment 41964
You added oils, which from what I have found is needed to even be able to save a recipe. What if you have no oils to add? I am trying to get my laundry soap recipe, which does not contain any oils, into soap maker to track costs, batches and inventory.

KNSoap

Premium
We’ve been discussing this- no one ever asked for our soapmaking software to not calculate soap before so we were trying to come up with a way for that to happen.
I’ve put in a support ticket for this, and it may be added soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thank you! That would be such an awesome enhancement!

CascadiaSnow

Premium
We’ve been discussing this- no one ever asked for our soapmaking software to not calculate soap before so we were trying to come up with a way for that to happen.
I’ve put in a support ticket for this, and it may be added soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Great news! I have tried including a smidgen of oils... just enough for the soapcalc to be happy, then try an base my non-soap ingredients on setting the batch size (as if using a mold) then adding my non-oils as a % of batch size. I can get the actual recipe to match my manual calculations.. at least somewhat, but when I try to do a batch... it gets all messed up. I do product management for a global telecommunications company. I would love to help out if your Dev team needs a "user experience"

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Great news! I have tried including a smidgen of oils... just enough for the soapcalc to be happy, then try an base my non-soap ingredients on setting the batch size (as if using a mold) then adding my non-oils as a % of batch size. I can get the actual recipe to match my manual calculations.. at least somewhat, but when I try to do a batch... it gets all messed up. I do product management for a global telecommunications company. I would love to help out if your Dev team needs a "user experience"

Can you try it again without oils this time and see how it works for you?